Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bring Me My Super-Suit!

So here's the first image of Henry Cavill as Superman from the upcoming Man of Steel movie:


(You can see the entire image in all of its full-sized glory here.)

Overall, I'm pleased.  Cavill makes for a more mature Superman, especially with the decision to move the hair style away from the Christopher Reeve spitcurl to the George Reeves swept-back look.  It also interests me that Zach Snyder and his crew have opted for the classic Superman look instead of one coordinated with Jim Lee's new costume.  (Of course, Superman's . . . region is too cloaked in shadow for us to tell if he's wearing the classic red trunks or not.)  What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Looks pretty good. Of course, Zach Snyder being involved means my interest in the actual film is hovering around zero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screenplay is key here, though, and Nolan has had a hand in that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's also a hint of some detailing along the thigh on the costume, making me think this is going to end up a lot more like Jim Lee's redesign than not. I'm also curious as to the decision to put the hex-fabric over the boots as well as the blue parts, that seems a bit odd to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't noticed the bit on the thigh--that does make me reconsider the Jim Lee connection. I also wonder if this is a deliberate trial balloon, sent out into the public to generate feedback on the suit before finalizing it.

    ReplyDelete